Thursday, April 14, 2005

Lots of good shows this weekend:

Friday, April 15: Sole w/ Pedestrian and Dosh at the Abbey Pub
Friday, April 15: Shellac at the Bottom Lounge
Friday, April 15: Death from Above 1979 w/ controller.controller at the Empty Bottle (early and late show)
Saturday, April 16: Out Hud w/ Hella, Pony Up! and Magneta Lane at the Empty Bottle
Saturday, April 16: Shellac at Martyr's
Saturday, April 16: Decibully w/ Owen and The Snake the Cross the Crown at Schubas
Saturday, April 16: Andrew Bird w/ Archer Prewitt and Clyde Federal at the Metro

I'll be at Andrew Bird and DFA1979. That is, if DFA is up to it- they cancelled last night's show in Madison due to illness.

Looking ahead, I realized I'll be hitting four shows in a row at the end of April: Animal Collective on the 27th, Of Montreal on the 28th, Plastic Constellations on the 29th, and Dizzee Rascal on the 30th. All four are bands/artists I've never seen but have been dying to, and three of them had albums in my top 25 of 2004. Should be a great and exhausting week. FYI: I will be taking the week off from my radio show that week for the Of Montreal show. Hold the tears back if you can.

No comments: