Thursday, April 28, 2005

AC Dancing2


AC Dancing2
Originally uploaded by Nicolemc99.

Animal Collective last night was AMAZING. I got right up front to enjoy the weirdness- they left the animal costumes at home this time, but the dancing- oh the dancing. They started off real quiet, playing a couple of really beautiful slower songs before launching into the all-out freak fest with the flailing and the tribal dancing and the strange animal noises. I really liked their last album, Sung Tongs, which is probably their most accessible album. However, they played relatively little from it, and they were so fantastic, I didn't mind at all. After the show I marched right on over to the merch table to buy an older, more experimental album of theirs called Here Comes the Indian. Animal Collective puts me in touch with nature. If only they'd played longer than an hour.

As you can see, the pictures I took are up now on my photo blog. A review on TMT and here will be up shortly, once I've figured out how to better put the experience into words.

No comments: