Saturday, April 09, 2005

Just got back from the record fair- lots of fun stuff, I bought a couple CDs for five bucks each (The Like Young and the Album Leaf) and got a guy to commission a piece of art for me (the one I wanted sold before I could go back for it, so he told me he'd make me another one- it's a little oval painting of a weird anthropomorphic bunny). My DJ set went over quite well, mostly due to the fact I went after some guy who played all classic rock, so I got a bunch of people coming up telling me they appreciated the "change of pace," to put it nicely. I decided to go with "edgier" electronic, dance, and hip-hop music; Hood, Junior Boys, Royksopp, Les Georges Leningrad, RJD2, DJ Shadow, etc. I also had a High Fidelity moment when I put on LCD Soundsystem's "Daft Punk Is Playing at My House," and as our Program Director pointed out, you could noticably see everyone's heads start nodding, and about five people came up and asked me who it was. This sometimes led to the question of who I am and when my show is on. I think it's time for Perfect Face for Radio fliers, stickers and buttons.

No comments: