Monday, April 25, 2005

A few more bands added to the Intonation/Pitchfork festival July 16-17, which the 'Fork noted in this article about summer festivals. The lineup so far is now The Decemberists, the Fiery Furnaces, the Wrens, Broken Social Scene, DFA79, Out Hud, A.C. Newman, Magnolia Electric Co., Four Tet, Xiu Xiu, Andrew Bird, the M's, and the Go! Team, with more still to come (new additions in bold).

Does anyone else find it a bit unnerving to see Pitchfork continue to report about an event that they are putting on themselves? I mean, not that any of their news items have ever been based on journalistic objectivism or anything, but still, how can you put on a festival with a bunch of bands that you want people to see and continually hype it up on your website, and then try to review their albums objectively in the meantime?

I guess I won't complain too much if this festival actually runs without a hitch and I get to see all of the above bands for less than I'd pay to see one at the Empty Bottle. But I'm still skeptical.

No comments: