Monday, November 06, 2006

To the jerk last night at the Rapture who cut me off from my friends, obnoxiously and unapologetically invaded my personal space over and over again, called me a bitch and (almost) ruined my night:

You suck. First you and your pixie girlfriend squeezed right in front me halfway through the show and just stopped there. Then after I squeezed back through to stand with my friends again, you felt the need to "retaliate" by "dancing" (i.e. flailing about and swinging your girlfriend in my general direction), constantly knocking yourselves into me. You aren't entitled to a 4 ft x 4 ft space at a sold-out show, but instead of trying to provoke you, we just moved over a few feet to give you extra room so we could dance on our own. Of course, the 4x4 square became a 6x6 square, and eventually you started stepping on my feet. I couldn't ignore you any more and had to say, "please stop stepping on my feet. I moved over to give you more room." So you sort of head butted me in the face and said "I wasn't trying to step on your feet. Oh wait, just kidding, I was." So I switched places with my friend to get away from you. Then you told her I was a bitch. I'm sorry, but I'm way too old to be dealing with this shit when I'm just trying to have a good time. Thankfully, said friend told you off and you left (or security made you leave?), though later in the coat check line you seemed to find us again and hiss at us and threaten us some more. Seriously, GROW UP.

Also, you smelled really bad.


To the red-headed, bearded guy in the orange polo dancing in front of me during the Rapture show:

Dude, your moves were totally killer. Watching you shake your booty totally made up for having to deal with the aforementioned jerk.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry you had to go through that. I love the Rapture shows. I will try to catch them every time they come through town from now on!

Anonymous said...

Are people more likely to be dicks at shows now? Seems like it's happening more often. I think it has something to do with more people going out to club shows as music is presented as more of a commodity of coolness than before.