Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Notes from this morning's show:
-I had the weirdest set of calls ever this morning, and if anyone can decipher them for me, feel free. Right at 6AM some guy called asking if I could do a traffic report on the air for the block of Damen between Augusta and Thomas. He wanted to know if it was clear and specifically wanted a "helicopter report." I was like, ok that's a block long and I have no idea what you're talking about, but whatever, I humored him and that was that. 5 minutes later a different guy called and said he wanted to submit a traffic report, and that the block between Augusta and Thomas on Damen was "all clear." WTF?!??!?! Was I supposed to be giving out secret code over the air or something, like Holly Golightly's weather reports to Sally Tomato?

-The new Joanna Newsom was in rotation, so you can hear the song I raved about from her show in the first hour- it's about 10 minutes long and gorgeous. I'll be stopping by Reckless to pick it up tonight after work.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

If your helicopter isn't busy with traffic reports, could you have it run some Penny's Noodle's up to Portage Park?

Not to knock Reckless, but you should check out Permanent Records, which just opened on Chicago a couple blocks east of Damen. It's a really cool store, and eliminates the problem of sifting through months-old slips of paper instead of CD's. Plus, traffic getting there sounds like it will be a breeze....

Nicole said...

Will do!

Anonymous said...

Cool. Make it chicken soup, no onions. Have him hover, and he can drop it to me in the backyard....