Friday, November 10, 2006

Indie music in commercials watch: Heard the Go Team! in another Civic ad.

Meanwhile, I've been getting more and more into the new Thermals, especially as I pay closer attention to the lyrics. It's about the apocalypse, and they're just really interesting.

Also been getting into the Parenthetical Girls' Safe As Houses. If you've wanted to get into Xiu Xiu but think it's just a tad bit too weird, Parenthetical Girls is a good way to go. Still that bizarre, emotive singing with controversial subject matter, but overall easier to swallow.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

to bad that all you "hipsters" had to go dancing at the bottle...they put on a great show at the beat kitchen for very few ppl that same night (there were 50 ppl there if that)

(j/k about the hipster thing)hehehehe
;)

Nicole said...

Ha! I know, I wanted to go to that show, but it was Tuesday night and I'm always too tired from my show :(