Tuesday, November 21, 2006

This morning's show has a lot of great new music going on- I was very excited to walk in this morning and see the new Swan Lake, White Magic, Mirah remixes, Andrew Bird's latest Fingerlings, El Perro Del Mar, and more . . .. Some brief notes: the Andrew Bird track, "Dark Matter," is going to be on Armchair Apocrypha, which comes out this spring, so that should give you a little taste of what's to come. Meanwhile, since Swan Lake has three potential vocalists in Spencer Krug, Carey Mercer and Dan Bejar, I picked a track randomly and got . . . Carey Mercer! With spazzy backing vocals by Spencer and Dan! It was really awesome, by the way. I think that album is just going to be all over the place (and I believe it comes out tomorrow, so we'll see for sure then. My copy is in the mail). Also, lots of really great songs by women featured on today's show- glad to see so much new indie music is coming from the ladies!

No comments: