Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Looks like local duo The Like Young have been signed to Polyvinyl, which should perfectly fill the void the Mates of State left when they switched to Barsuk (every label needs at least one super adorable married couple singing quality pop tunes with harmonies. Worry A Lot was definitely one of the better local releases of last year (or was it 2004? I got it last year in any case) and I'll be interested to see what their next album sounds like, now that they're moving up in the world.

Speaking of, I wonder what the new Mates of States album will sound like as well . . . I haven't been as up on my twee lately. Should I get the new Belle and Sebastian?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Definitely get the new B&S. And if you're hungry for more twee, may I suggest Suburban Kids With Biblical Names?