Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Happy Valentine's Day! This morning's show was a ton of fun; I always love doing the theme shows because they bring in the callers. Tapes 'N Tapes got a good reception, probably because it rules. I also played a song off the new Belle and Sebastian, which I must say I heartily enjoyed.

Next week I'll be off while I take an exam, but I'll be back Feb. 28 with a special Tuesday morning dance party to celebrate the upcoming WLUW pledge drive, which starts next Monday and runs for two weeks. Pledge everyone, so I'll still have a show next year!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice show, I got to hear about the last half hour or so. The Tapes n Tapes was pretty good, I heard you say that your favorite band is The Dismembermnet Plan. His solo release got like a zero rating at Pitchfork, could it have really been that bad?

Nicole said...

Nah, they reserve the 0.0 for artists they love that don't live up to expectations- Flaming Lips and Sonic Youth got them as well. If the album had been made my anyone other than Travis Morrison of the great Dismemberment Plan, it would have gotten at least a 5 or something I'm sure! I'll admit I haven't listened to it, I don't want my image of him to be tainted just in case . . .