Friday, November 18, 2005

Radio Free Chicago is counting down Robyn's top 7 indie albums of the year, kicking off with a lengthy rant about the greatness of Wolf Parade's Apologies to the Queen Mary. "I'll Believe in Anything"- greatest song on any album, anywhere, in 2005? Quite possibly, yes.

Last night I saw the Plastic Constellations and the Driftless Pony Club at Beat Kitchen. I hadn't seen DPC in at least a year and a half, and they played all new songs I'd never heard before (ok, I'd heard one before, once). They were good. Very good. I especially liked the one that ended with Craig yelling. Meanwhile, I've now seen the Plastic Consty's in a Ukranian Village basement and now one of the smallest venues in Chicago. After their Frenchkiss Records debut comes out January 24 and Pitchfork gives it an 8.5 and a "best new music" tag, they'll be headlining shows at Schubas or the Bottle, then opening for Les Savy Fav or the Hold Steady at the Metro or something. Get on the wagon now.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed the bands, Plastic Constellations would have benefited from a bigger room with better sound. They will probably get that next time.

Nicole said...

I concur! My favorite PC's vocalist needed much more mic action.