Monday, November 21, 2005

Lucky me got to see the new Harry Potter movie at the IMAX theater on Navy Pier this weekend. As a Harry Potter fan (who has yet to read the 6th book so DON'T TELL ME WHO DIES), I must say this is the best movie adaptation yet. It's been a couple years since I read Goblet of Fire, which probably helped me enjoy the movie more than if I had all the book details left out of the movie fresh in my mind. I only wish there had been more of the Weird Sisters band at the dance- a.k.a. Jarvis Cocker and Johnny Greenwood. You heard the singing for about five minutes, but only got a good two-second look at the band. Awesome.

3 comments:

liz said...

I'm surprised you haven't heard who dies...Well, I'm going to break it to you: it's Harry...

BradyDale said...

Crikey,
I knew who died within 24 hours of the book hitting the stands, and I don't read the books (since the 3rd).

But I saw Goblet of Fire tonight and it was SO GREAT I COULD HARDLY SURVIVE! Except it made life worth living, so that's sort of ironic.

God.

It was so majestic and amazingly shot and imaginative. But also funny! I was laughing my ass off during all the self-torture surrounding the ball.

Loved it, loved it, loved it. Seriously. I totally loved it.

Wow.

Nicole said...

Well, I'm pretty sure I know who dies, but still, I want to find out for sure on my own.

The ball is classic.