Monday, November 28, 2005

I went to Paul's Club Saturday night, my favorite Madison bar that has the best bar jukebox EVER. I've yet to find a comparably great jukebox in Chicago- please tell me if there is one I should be aware of. The Paul's selection is always evolving, and Saturday's offerings were no disappointment- the new Wolf Parade, M83, Spoon, LCD Soundsystem, Death From Above 1979, the list goes on- I spent more $$$ on songs than I thought I would, thus requiring my group to stay longer than we probably would have waiting for my songs to come on. There's just something so great about hearing your favorite music come on in a bar.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Years ago I used to go to Delilahs for their punk juke box, not sure if they keep it up like they used to. It was punk, and not indie.

BradyDale said...

for your readers that don't actually know you, I'm just going to say: Nicole gets considerably more psyched about playing songs on jukeboxes in bars than ANYONE else I know. Ever. When she says "there's just something," she means: "There's summa-sum'tin!" -BR

Anonymous said...

Simon's in Andersonville deserves some props....