Friday, November 11, 2005

As the holidays get closer, the show scene starts to dry up. There isn't much to see anytime soon at any of the usual venues, Empty Bottle, Schubas, Metro, etc., but if you're looking to pick up on some more under-the-radar bands, here's a few smaller shows that I would highly recommend:

November 17- Plastic Constellations w/ Driftless Pony Club @ Beat Kitchen. I already plugged this show once before, but the PCs are seriously on their way up. They have a new label, a new album coming out this winter, and lots of buzz.

December 2- Islands @ Beat Kitchen. Remember the Unicorns? Crazy quirk-pop Canadians from Montreal that dressed in pink? They broke up and two of the members started this new band that's been sort of shrouded in mystery. Word is members of the Arcade Fire are pitching in on their debut album.

December 17- Single Frame @ the Red Line Tap. I don't even know where the Red Line Tap is. But I love Single Frame.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's a great post. I have enough trouble just keeping up with bands that are on NME or CMJ lists, or others I hear on WLUW. So thanks for the heads up!