Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Ooof . . . my brain hurts.

Now that I'm halfway towards becoming a certified public accountant, I think I need to find some way to combine my love of music with, you know, being an accountant. Maybe I should start some sort of music club for CPAs. "CPAs for the Advancement of Independent Music" or "Rock n' Roll CPAs" or something. We could have stickers and buttons and tshirts, monthly meetings and club dues. I should put a call out on craigslist.

This is probably just the post-4 hour accounting exam delirium talking, though.

Maybe I should write an article for TMT about the struggle between leading the indie rock lifestyle and having a professional corporate job- no one on either side really gets what you're doing, exactly. I don't think I've even told anyone at work I have a radio show! And once I told some pretentious artist girl I worked in finance and she wrinkled her nose at me. Oh well, I'll just claim I'm being "ironic."

1 comment:

Mike H. said...

YES! I loved that article too. Screw the nose-wrinklers! I always say, thinking of yourself as holier-than-thou hardcore in any way is like saying "I'm a stereotype!"