Monday, November 07, 2005

I went back to Madison this past weekend, making it the first time I'd been back since the smoking ban in bars went into effect. Very, very nice. What was really fascinating was watching the socialization of the smokers outside of every bar. I think Chicago proponents needs to start selling the ban as a big boon for the singles scene- at least, the smoking singles scene. You segregate a bunch of people with something in common (smoking!) and they have an instant icebreaker topic to discuss (so, doesn't this smoking ban suck?).

1 comment:

Mike H. said...

Shows on NYE are great and all, but shows are shows and I already see a lot of them every year. I think NYE is the one night to go out to an abnoxious hotel party or sports bar and watch every spill their fruit-tinis while yelling "Ohhh-oh!" in the middle of Livin' on a Prayer. That's a special party, and the kind I can only take once a year.