Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Tomorrow is chock-full of shows in Chicago, very odd for a Wednesday night. Arcade Fire at the Riviera w/Wolf Parade (next big thing, y'alls!) and Bell Orchestre, an Arcade Fire side project that includes the "Napoleon Dynamite guy" and the violinist; MIA at the Metro; and Robot Ate Me and the Heavenly States at Schubas. I'll be found at Schubas, since I just saw MIA at the Metro and last fall's Arcade Fire show at the Empty Bottle has spoiled me from ever seeing them again at any other venue. Plus, I'm really digging the new Robot Ate Me album, I hear Ryland Borland is pretty crazy live, and as always, I adore Ted and the Heavenly States. If you have tickets to the sold out Arcade Fire show and are dying to see even more music, you can bring in the stubs to Schubas after the show to get in for half-off.

Speaking of Wolf Parade, Pitchfork's completely expected glowing 9.2 review of their debut album of course means this band is about to be huge. Not that being released on Sub Pop and being produced by Isaac Brock of Modest Mouse hurts. I'm going to pick up the album today and see what I think, though I do like what I've heard from their earlier EPs. They're headlining their own show at Schubas on Friday, October 14, so I'd suggest getting tickets now before they're headlining the Riviera next year with the next "next big thing" opening.

No comments: