Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Royksopp and Annie


Royksopp
Originally uploaded by Nicolemc99.
I'll keep this blurb brief, as I'm reviewing this show for tinymixtapes, so I'll just post that when it goes up on the site. Annie's performance was overall more fulfilling than her Sonotheque gig due to the atmosphere, with thumping beats and flashing lights, but her thin voice wasn't able to fill up the expansive space of the Metro. Royksopp was good fun and got the crowd having a blast, minus two girls next to me who stood around with hips cocked, cigarettes dangling from their fingers, looking bored and disaffected as they tossed their bangs out of their eyes. "Poor Leno" and "Only This Moment" were highlights, and they wrapped things up with a "Poor Leno" remix. They brought along the female vocalist featured on their new album, and I couldn't decide if her cheesy, over-emoting fit the euro-pop style of the music or was just annoying. I'm bordering on the side of annoying. Overall, much more fun than what I'd usually be doing on a Monday night. Lots of pics on the photoblog, check 'em out!

No comments: