Friday, September 23, 2005

Last night's Rock for Kids charity mixtape auction was a lot of fun. Our 3-disc radiofreechicago.org mixes sold for something like $22, we schmoozed with some local bloggers, label owners, and Thax Douglas, and I was outbid on almost everything I went for. When I left at 9:00, I was the high bidder on the Thax's mix, but I haven't heard whether I got it or not- with 45 minutes left of bidding, I'm sure I was overtaken. Ben Gibbard's mix was at $75 and Johnny Marr's tape (and offer of a lunch date) were well over $100 when I headed out. We went home with a screen-printed poster of the event and a cd of electronic music made by children in Cabrini Green who benefit from the program.

I took some great pictures, including one of us with Thax, which I'll post later tonight. Also stay tuned for pictures from tonight's National/CYHSY show at Schubas!

No comments: