Monday, September 12, 2005

I've been listening quite a bit to the new Feist (a.k.a. Leslie Feist of Broken Social Scene) album, Let It Die, and I've concluded that I love it. Specifically, the first half of it, which are her own songs- the rest are covers (though I only recognize "Inside Out" by the Bee Gees). "Let It Die" is especially amazing. It's not typically "my style" as far as music goes, very smooth and jazzy, but it sure is lovely. I'm going to put it up on the recommended page shortly with the usual link for anyone who may want to purchase it from Amazon.com (and thus support the costs of running this page!). She's opening for Broken Social Scene in October and I cannot wait.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I saw her last week at Schuba's. She is a lot more rocking live, which you wouldn't really know from the record. She's also an excellent guitar player and totally charming. I think everyone had a crush on her by the end.

Nicole said...

Awesome! I had a feeling she'd be someone everyone (male and female) would be swooning for.