Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Some recent CD purchases I've made lately:

Xiu Xiu- La Foret
- Grows on me each time I listen to it, though it isn't quite as good or as easy of a listen as Fabulous Muscles ("easy of a listen" being completely relative, as Xiu Xiu is rather challenging music no matter how "accessible" one says it is). "Bog People" is phenomenal.

The Robot Ate Me- Carousel Waltz
- This album was a very pleasant surprise, as I bought it totally on a whim. Much more straight-forward than Ryland Bouchard's past albums, which tended towards an odder, more experimental tone. He still retains his quirkyness, but its just an easier, more engaging listen this time around.

I hope to be making many more CD purchases in the near future, once a few paychecks have rolled in!

No comments: