Thursday, August 25, 2005

Dilemma:

Broken Social Scene is playing at the Metro on Friday, October 28 w/ Feist (a.k.a. Leslie Feist, the female singer on "Almost Crimes" and others, whose album I've been meaning to check out for awhile). Also that night, the Hold Steady and Constantines are playing at Logan Square Auditorium. Now, I've already seen the Hold Steady twice, but I've been trying to see the Constantines for over a year now, always with a conflict. I've seen BSS twice as well, but both times in festival settings. What do I do? Has anyone see Constantines who can tell me if their live show is worth skipping BSS over? Maybe I'll wait for the new Constantines and BSS albums, see which is better and pick a show based on that.

What to do?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I saw the Constentines during SXSW in a medium sized venue. I did not care for the show, however going in I knew none of their music. So how's that for a helpful answer?

Rob said...

I vote for going to see Gwen Stefani at the Allstate Arena instead! Or Dolly Parton at the Chicago Theatre!

Mike H. said...

Definitely pick the Constantines. I saw them in a tiny venue about a year ago and they blew my mind. When was the last time you saw a lead singer jump off of a speaker stack? It's just too bad they weren't covering "Even Flow" at the time.

Anyway, they RAGE live, which I can't really say for BSS as much as I love'em. Am I the only one who was completely bored by BSS at Intonation? I also saw BSS in that same small venue (2nd Story, Bloomington, IN represent-sent!)and they were better, but the energy was still low despite the intimate setting.