Thursday, August 11, 2005

Just did a big update of the concerts page, here's a few new ones coming up to look forward to:

Tuesday, October 4: Antony and the Johnsons at Park West

Thursday, October 6: Sleater-Kinney w/ the Ponys at the Metro
-Gosh darn it, I just went and saw them at the stupid Riviera and now they play the Metro?

Saturday, October 8: John Vanderslice w/ the Double at Schubas
-I love John Vanderslice, and I sure hope his upcoming album Pixel Revolt is good.

Friday, October 14: Wolf Parade w/ Robbers on High Street and King of France at Schubas
-Get in now on another "next big thing," Wolf Parade, aka "the Arcade Fire."

Friday, October 28: Dios Malos at Subterranean

Friday, October 28: The Hold Steady w/ Constantines at Logan Square Auditorium
-I adore the Hold Steady and I've been trying to see the Constantines unsuccessfully for over a year now. Holy crap, will this show rock so hard.

Saturday, November 12: RJD2 at the Abbey Pub

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Nicole, I just spent $96 on two tickets to see Beck. Not a usual show I'd go to, but I've never seen him, and like to check out a big show every once in a while. Have you heard anything by The Cloud Room, The Radio Dept or Okkervil River. I have heard a couple of songs and like them, but am wondering if the full albums are good.

Nicole said...

I have a Radio Dept. album, which is pleasant, fuzzy indie rock from Scandinavia. I have a couple of songs from Cloud Room and Okkervil River, but not enough to really comment. Both bands have gotten very good reviews though!