Friday, February 11, 2005

This morning's show went very well- I had two callers! One making a request and one responding to the free tickets we were giving away to the King Kong show at Schubas on the 22nd. I'd never heard of King Kong, but the song I played of them was hilarious- this guy talking about space travel over weird keyboards- and apparently it was enough to entice someone to call in for free tickets at 5:30 in the morning.

The show and corresponding playlist are up now on their respective pages. You might not be able to download the show until after the 13th when my monthly allotted bandwidth resets itself- let me know if anyone has any problems with it after Sunday.

As it says on the homepage now, next week begins 10 days of pledge drive action (HOT pledge drive action) at WLUW with a goal of $55,000 raised. Every show from 6am to 10pm will have special guests, live bands, prize giveaways, and more to entice people to listen and donate. But I won't be left out! Now that I am building a following and all. So next week after Megan's 4-5am all Prince show, I'll be doing an all-Dismemberment Plan show, in addition to talking about the pledge drive and directing listeners to the website to pledge. Should be hot . . .

No comments: