Sunday, January 02, 2005

New Year's weekend rundown:

RJD2 was very cool live, he set up four turntables and a video projector and ran around the stage changing records and scratching and whatnot. He played my favorites, "The Horror," "Ghostwriter," and "Good Times Roll Pt. 2," but unfortunately there were technical difficulties during "Ghostwriter" and he actually stopped playing for about 5 minutes while we waited for them to be sorted out. Other than that, the night was pretty underwhelming- I didn't drink nearly enough and I'd forgotten how annoying it is to be sober among hundreds of ragingly wasted people. The train ride home was no better.

Last night, however, was some of the most fun I'd had in awhile- live band rock n roll karaoke at Schubas. Becky and I sang "Just Like Heaven" by the Cure and some guy later told us we "moved his heart," DJ Lazer did the Hives' "Hate to Say I Told You So" and brought the house down with his dance moves. We are definitely going to make a regular night out of this, and I highly encourage anyone else living in Chicago to do the same, and anyone who lives in a city that doesn't have this to find a way to get it going. You got to be a rock star for 4 minutes!

No comments: