Sunday, June 20, 2004

Today I went to the Randolph Street Festival to see Brendan Benson and Ted Leo, who I've been trying to see ever since the show Liz and I won tickets to was cancelled due to his ruptured vocal cords. They were great and both played lots of new songs from upcoming records. I dragged my roommate along, who has absolutely no musical knowledge but liked both bands a lot. In fact, she made an astute observation: "How come no one is getting into them? Everyone is just standing around! Does no one know them?" To which I replied, "oh no, everyone here really likes it I'm sure, that's just the way indie fans are. They show their appreciation by standing around with their arms crossed." And she said, "well we might as well get some fun friends together and stand around listening to the radio then if it's like this." Very funny to hear someone else comment on the annoyingness of "doing the standing still."

No comments: