Saturday, June 26, 2004

Just got back from the Spoon show at the Metro. Let me say, MUCH MUCH better show than last summer's show at the Randolph Street Festival. Obviously you know that means they played Everything Hits at Once (and relatively early enough for me to not get too anxious) and it was wonderful, but overall it was just a better concert; the set list was almost perfect, the new songs they showcased sounded good, including an awesome Britt Daniel solo of "I Summon You," which he put up in demo form on the Spoon website, and they really seemed to take their time with the songs, while last year I felt like they really rushed through their set (though that might have been the doing of the festival, since Ted Leo last week seemed sort of rushed as well). Hopefully everyone in Madison got the chance to check out the show on Wednesday, I'm jealous it was at a small venue like the Annex!

No comments: