Monday, May 29, 2006

I'm always slow to pick up on the great songs that people are buzzing about (see: Futureheads "Hounds of Love," Gnarls Barkley "Crazy"), and another one I've been hearing about for awhile but haven't taken the time to listen to until now is the Knife's "Heartbeats," as well as the Jose Gonzalez cover of the same song. The Knife's (a Scandinavian electro-dance band with tinges of goth) version is serious electro-pop bliss, and Jose Gonzalez's (a Swedish (?) singer/songwriter with Nick Drake comparisons) cover is a gorgeous folk song. I recommend everyone go out and download (legally, right?) both versions of the song. If I was still doing the show this summer, I'd play them both back to back for effect.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

my girlfriend got me hooked on that song last summer. there's also another, different version the knife did for a radio show that you should check out - it's less upbeat, but still really good.