Tuesday, May 09, 2006

5/9 PFFR show notes:
-I played a track from a great new band called Beirut, which is actually the work of a 19-year-old boy. Kids these days.

-I love it when you know a certain track is going to get people calling in before the song is even over. Today’s was Imogen Heap’s “Hide and Seek.” You may know her as the singer of Frou Frou, that band with that one song that was on the Garden State soundtrack. This song is far better. Download it for yourself for free here (you may have to watch a 15-second ad first if you’re not a Salon.com member)

-Today’s show is chock full of reminders that the WLUW indie rock prom is this Saturday. I had a high school teacher call in asking for more details, as many of his students weren’t going to their own high school prom and may be interested in this one. I’m going to guess that might be a general theme of the night.

-I lied last week when I said this was going to be my last show until fall; I was roped into doing one more show next week to help out with the pledge drive (a small-scale drive targeting new members only). You have one more opportunity to listen before my summer hiatus!

No comments: