Wednesday, May 03, 2006

I forgot my iPod at work today, so I finally got around to listening to Ryan Schreiber's radio show on WLUW from 2-4PM. He obviously has first access to a lot of new music, so I heard tracks from upcoming Sufjan Stevens and Matt Friedberger (of the Fiery Furnaces) albums, but most exciting was a song off the Sunset Rubdown album that came out this week (Wolf Parade singer Spencer Krug's other project, who I'm constantly fawning over if you're not a regular reader of this blog), which was fantastic. I cannot wait to a) get the CD in the mail, and b) see them open for Frog Eyes on the 18th.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I heard part of the show as well. I thought he played a good selection and was a pretty good dj too. I like most all of the WLUW djs, but think it's nice to have someone like that on. Sort of like having another view from someone that sees and hears a lot of things before others do.