Monday, June 13, 2005

Saw David Cross and Death From Above 1979 DJ at Sonotheque Friday night (a club that definitely lives up to it's reputation of "the club for people who don't like clubs"). They played a mostly rock-inspired set with a fair amount of indieness- Les Savy Fav, Built to Spill, etc mixed in with random 80s bands like Rush and 90s alternative like Belly's "Feed the Trees" (a throwback to my middle school days watching Alternative Nation late at night at my friend's house because she had MTV and I didn't). Since there's no "backstage" to be had, David Cross & Co. had to bear the crowd to do things like go to the bathroom and get a drink, so when David Cross walked past us, I made sure to tell him he was "totally core" (response: awkward laugh) and ask him what his set was going to entail ("probably lots of indie rock, but it will be very eclectic").

Then in minor-celebrity (very minor) news, I saw Jen from the Bachelorette while eating lunch at the Northside Bar and Grill Sunday afternoon. I appeared to be the only person in the bar who noticed who she was.

No comments: