Tuesday, June 28, 2005

I got my Clap Your Hands Say Yeah album in the mail today. It's interesting that the buzz band of 2005 is an unsigned band who self-produced and released their first album- it got sent to me directly from a band member with my address handwritten on it. I wonder if they've been doing that for the hundreds of CDs they must have sold the day their Pitchfork review was published. It is pretty cool that a band with no label and no promotion of any kind can somehow blow up the way they have, with David Bowie show appearances.

Looks like they'll be going on tour with the National this fall, another band I've been really into this year.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was going to write a very similar post (and maybe I still will). My friend got the cd and lent it to me. First listen, sounds pretty good. Pitchfork really can make a band, and quick! Where we used to look at MTV or similar sources, now for what's hot in indie, you check out Pitchfork, sometimes you follow their lead, and all of a sudden a band picks up speed.

Anonymous said...

CYHSY are fantastic and The National are rather foxy themselves. Really looking forward to that fall tour.