Thursday, June 16, 2005

Here's a hot scoop I just got off of the djbv blog: After their sets at Lollapalooza July 23, the Walkmen and Ambulance LTD are doing a special show at Schubas. Now check out how their billing it at Schubas.com (click on the links they provide for that date).

This could be cool if 1) I'm not too tired from Lollapalooza and 2) I could actually get a ticket. Why is that cool if I could just go watch them at Lollapalooza that day (other than the small venue aspect)? Well, the daily schedules are out, and as usual, things conflict: the Walkmen play during the Pixies (?!?!?!) and Ambulance LTD plays during Trail of Dead. Someday I'll go to a festival where the schedule is built specifically to cater to my musical needs.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, MC Nicole, I saw The Walkmen open for The Pixies. Which would give me bragging rights, except for the fact that The Walkmen suuuuucked.

Nicole said...

You know, I saw them open for Modest Mouse, and I thought they were pretty good (except for the fact that the Eagles Ballroom in Milwaukee sucks ass). But I've seen the Pixies too. So really, I'm not crying here.