Monday, June 27, 2005

I saw Andrew Bird this weekend at a jam-packed Cafe Montmartre in Madison, WI, making it the fourth time I've seen him play. After Intonation in a couple weeks, I'll have seen him five times, thus tying him for band/musician I've seen the most with *cough*Dave Matthews Band *cough*. Keep that on the DL- I was a young top-40 listener once upon a time.

There would be pictures on the photoblog to share, had I not left my camera somewhere. This time he left the drummer at home, doing his usual solo show where every song sounded completely different from the last three times I'd heard him play it (reminding me exactly why I love seeing him live). Sigh . . .. Though I still think he is at his best solo, I'd love to see him do a special show in Chicago with a full band, just to see how it would sound.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I usually like to see solo acts with full bands, it usually adds something for me. But it sounds like Andrew pulls off the solo stuff just fine. You should get something for that cough, in this case a set of good ear plugs :)