Sunday, August 08, 2004

So I just went and saw Garden State, and I absolutely LOVED it. I really identified with so much going on in that movie. The soundtrack is also amazing, apparently Zach Braff just made a mixtape that he wanted to be the soundtrack, and he must love the Shins, because both "Caring is Creepy" and "New Slang" were in the movie, along with Coldplay's "Don't Panic" and Iron and Wine's cover of the Postal Service's "Such Great Heights." The movie also ended with this amazing song that sounded sort of like Beth Orton that I must find on the internet. My favorite scene in the movie is where he's at the hospital getting an MRI, and with "New Slang" playing, he goes into the machine with his shirt off and suddenly all of his insecurities are written on his chest in black marker. Perfection.

No comments: