Saturday, August 14, 2004

Curiosa Festival: good times. The Cure was much better than when I saw them in Coachella, Robert Smith seemed more into it and kept walking around the stage with his hands on his cheeks staring at the crowd like he couldn't believe it (me??? You're all here to see me???). Boys Don't Cry was fab. The Rapture was of course, totally dance-a-rific, though not enough people were dancing like when I saw them at the Rave. Interpol played 3 new songs off the upcoming record, and I still am not sure what to think of them. I'm still skeptical that they can put out an album that won't sound exactly like their first one. We watched about 2 minutes of the Cooper Temple Clause, who were all very attractive British boys, but their t-shirts were so cute we both bought one.

Now I'm back in Madison after 3 months away and I'm realizing exactly how wonderful it is to be out of this town. Chicago does not have dried vomit on every street, and I feel so old. It was definitely time to go, though I wish I could have brought Paul's Club with me. They've updated their jukebox, and it's now filled with Modest Mouse, the Shins, Postal Service, Cake, the Rapture, and more goodies.

Two more weeks and I'm in my adorable new apartment! Come visit it, we'll have a futon!

No comments: