Saturday, August 07, 2004

Oooh, I forgot, before AC Newman last night I went to happy hour at a typical Lincoln Park bar. It had a "DJ" that was playing some pretty bad music, and some guy, after asking me "if I was Jewish," told me the DJ was his friend. I asked how he got the job, because I could do much better, and he asked what kind of music I'd play. Here's how the rest of the conversation went:

Me: Indie Rock.
Lame guy: What?
Me: Indie rock.
Lame guy: What's that, a band?
Me: No, it's mostly music not in the mainstream. Like, on independent labels.
Lame guy: (turns back on me to talk to some other girl)

I gotta get out of Lincoln Park NOW. Later that night, after some OAR song, Modest Mouse and Franz Ferdinand were played, which both pleased and saddened me. Especially after some frat guy yelled "Woohoo! The Franz!"

Oh, and I found out this morning one of my friends went home that night with the lame guy. But he fell asleep so she just left. Notre Dame guys for you.

No comments: