Monday, July 26, 2004

Today I went to see the Corporation by myself.  It was really cool because probably 75% of the audience was also there alone!  Anyhoo, I'm not sure if it's out in Madison yet, but it's an interesting movie.  It had some really fascinating stories, like how IBM contracted with the German government to sell them punch card machines that were used at concentration camps (proven with contracts and video footage of the IBM founder with Hitler), and then some issues that I didn't really see a problem with, like certain marketing tactics, the idea of a corporation as a "legal person," and the concept that being motivated by profits can only be evil.  Must be the business school side of me that will never die.  Still, it makes you want to be very aware of the kind of company you are working for.

No comments: