Thursday, July 22, 2004

So I've just discovered the one drawback for me in working in the music industry; it involves extensive time spent on the phone.  I HATE talking to people I don't know on the phone.  At least I'm not trying to sell them something.

Meanwhile, I finally found out why the agency is called Billions, since about 20 people have asked me; apparently, before he started the agency, the owner "Boche" (childhood nickname that never went away apparently, real name David) used to play a lot of poker with his buddies, and they started calling him "Billions Boche."  And that's . . . the rest of the story.

In more Billions history, I also found out how Boche started the company; he moved here from outside Detroit in Canada with a buddy.   The buddy started Touch and Go Records, and Boche booked the bands on the label.  It just ballooned from there.  So I've realized for me to go somewhere, I need to meet someone so we can work together, eh?  Anyone want to start a record label so I can book the bands for them?

So there's your music business history lesson for the day.  Enjoy!

No comments: