Sunday, July 25, 2004

I'm exhausted after a long weekend of shows- Matthew Dear on Friday and Xiu Xiu on Saturday.  I wish I could have seen Xiu Xiu at the terrace- they sounded great but the Fireside Bowl is a crappy venue; it's just the corner of a bowling alley and the stage is way too low, so unless you are right up front you can't see anything.  I really wanted to see what kind of instruments Xiu Xiu used to make their weird sound, but unfortunately, I could barely see their heads.  Kind of like going to a packed show at the Catacombs.  Luckily, they'll be playing at the Empty Bottle in October, a much better venue, so I'll get to reassess.  Next week- Modest Mouse and the Walkmen!  At an equally crappy venue, the Eagles Ballroom in Milwaukee, so plans are to get there when doors open and park ourselves right up front.

No comments: