Saturday, May 24, 2003

I have returned, just in time for Liz to greet me, ha. Milwaukee was a good time, we hit up some bar/clubs and danced, not my usual scene but a fun distraction nonetheless. And guess who was bouncing at one club- oh yes, Rocky, best known for "Annie, you are as beautiful as Miller Park Stadium." I've also, in just the past week, been on both sides of the "my friend over there thinks you're cute" while at a bar. Are we returning to the 8th grade form of picking people up? Is this a good thing for the singles scene? Is there anyone left in the singles scene? Have I been watching too much Sex and the City? Answer: yes.

Some MTV news: 120 Minutes appears to have been replaced by "Subterranean," a 1 hour show on Fridays at 11:00 PM. It appears to be essentially the same, except now Jim Shearer interviews the bands in a stairway instead of in that empty room. Improvement? You be the judge.
Also, Coldplay has a new video for The Scientist, and it is pretty terrific. This video must be watched from beginning to end. Make note of little details. In fact, you can watch it here at launch.com if you can't wait for it to show up on MTV2 or MuchMusic.

No comments: