Wednesday, May 02, 2007

I am not at all embarrassed to say that last night, for the first time ever, I called in and voted on American Idol, because Blake put on the awesomest performance in the history of the show.

I've explained my reasons for watching American Idol in the past (including: a way to discuss music with my coworkers), and I couldn't pass up on Bon Jovi night, especially considering how un-rock the six remaining contestants are (fun fact: Bon Jovi was my first concert experience; I was 10 years old, I went with my friend and her mom and I had no idea who they were). After Jon Bon Jovi expressed some concern over how Blake was going to be treating "You Give Love a Bad Name", Blake's beatbox-ing version turned out to be so incredibly hot, I was magnetically compelled to my phone after the show to call and vote for him. I'd link to it on Youtube, but I don't want to totally lose my indie credibility here. Maybe I'll post about Dan Deacon again later to regain it, but for now, you can count me in as a member of the American Idol-loving mainstream. Just be glad I only voted once!

No comments: