Wednesday, June 14, 2006

So excited for the new Junior Boys.

Meanwhile, I’m in need of new music. The kids over at Tinymixtapes have been all a flutter about a new album from a band called Brightblack Morning Light, who are supposed to fall into the weird folk camp of Devendra Banhart, Joanna Newsom, Bonnie “Prince” Billy, etc. Probably worth checking out. Other albums I plan on purchasing in the next couple days: The Evangelicals, Hot Chip (I think I've been going through DFA withdrawal). When’s Thom Yorke’s solo album coming out again? What else do I need to be listening to? Being away from the station for the summer limits my new music access!

3 comments:

Mike H. said...

Wow - that's a pretty stoked up track review. I was expecting dissapointment from the Last Exit follow-up, but P'fork makes it sound like a potential 9.5er.

Anonymous said...

I humbly submit for your consideration: The new Silversun Pickups record, Birdmonster "No Midnight", Jamie Lidell "Multiply", Skybox "Arco Isis" (they actually just moved to Chicago....quirky, interesting stuff. www.myspace.com/skybox)

Rob said...

New CD by Dabrye!