Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Spoon


Britt5
Originally uploaded by Nicolemc99.
So Spoon last night was fantastic, definitely the best of the four times I've seen them perform live. I wish that was the first time I'd seen them play; even with the (great) new album coming out, they still managed to play all of my favorites from Girls Can Tell and Kill the Moonlight, as well as the token "Car Radio" and "30 Gallon Tank" from A Series of Sneaks. Britt was totally on last night, and with the venue at barely half capacity, I got to lean on the stage and get some fairly decent pictures this time around. The night would only have been flawless had I won the trip to Bonnaroo they gave away at the end of the night. Putting up with the Jack Daniels overload was more than worth it, and amusingly enough, neither Spoon nor openers the Zincs even mentioned their sponsor.

Of course with this 4th set of photos I've gotten to the point where I had to buy the "pro" Flickr account as opposed to the "free" Flickr account. So . . . click on the amazon.com link and buy some CDs! Heh.

No comments: