Saturday, October 09, 2004

Show last night was good- Scout Niblett was her usual on-crack self. Enon started out a bit shaky but ended strong and played all my favorites from "High Society." The Japanese girl singer rocked the house. I think when she said "Black Heart Procession is up next" and "this song is called 'Disposable Parts'" in her adorable Japanese accent, the whole crowd breathed a collective "awwww . . .." Black Heart Procession proved how appropriate their name is with their dark, deliberate songs about pain. But the real highlight of the show-

After Scout, I looked around to survey the crowd and though, "wow, that guy looks a lot like he's in TV on the Radio." It's not every day you see a giant black man with a huge fro and beard hanging at an indie show. Then I remembered that TV on the Radio had been playing at the Metro with the Faint for the past two nights, and they are on the same label as BHP and Enon (Touch and Go, a Chicago label at that) . . . and then the rest of the band came over and it was official. TV on the Radio was just hanging out at the show, not even backstage, just out in the crowd. Very cool.

I think someday I'm going to write a book or make a documentary and it's going to be called "Can I Get More Bass in the Monitor?"

No comments: