Friday, February 22, 2008

Yeasayer on Conan

DJBV alerted me to this Stereogum post of Yeasayer performing "2080" on Conan O'Brien, and how at the end Conan calls it his "favorite song in a long time." It reminded me of the time a few years ago when My Morning Jacket played on Conan and he had an even more impassioned response afterwards about the sheer rockness of their performance. Anyhoo, this video can give a little taste of the enjoyable flamboyantness (is that a word?) of Yeasayer's singer, though it doesn't truly reflect the magic of their music and performance. I think I should get my ticket to that Logan Square Auditorium show now, since next stop is clearly a sold-out Metro show and beyond.

On a side note, I just realized that the amount of space I've been dedicating to Yeasayer lately rivals the frequency of Menomena postings after Friend and Foe came out last year. Yeasayer is the new Menomena!

No comments: