Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Well, I got my new video iPod for Xmas to replace the old black-and-white iPod of yore, and am about halfway through getting the music collection onto my brand-spankin' new 160-gig external hard drive (it looks like a book, it's so cute!). Never again shall an iPod failure deter my ability to have my entire music collection in the palm of my hand.

Now I want to get my music collection in the palms of my co-workers' hands. Anyone know if it's possible to share music over a network directly from my iPod? Itunes seems to be set up to only share music from the hard drive.

Meanwhile, check out the Onion's Least Essential Albums of 2006, always good for some laughs. The kids' album w/ Rachael Ray has the most priceless cover, that's for sure.

2 comments:

Mike H. said...

Unfortunately you can't use your iPod to share music over a network (which is one of the worst things about iPods, but it keeps people from dumping all their MP3s on any computer they want). They only way you could do this would be to use your iPod as an external hard drive and load it on manually using a couple of My Computer windows (not the iTunes tune-loading interface). However, in this case you can't actually listen to that those files directly from your iPod, but you can move them off on to a network. A pain, I know. I'd say your best bet is to burn a data DVD if you have the means.

Nicole said...

Indeed, further research has told me the same. Bummer! I think I'll just bring in my external hard drive and dump it on to my work computer that way.