Tuesday, December 19, 2006

And here's some songs I liked this year:

Joanna Newsom- Sawdust and Diamonds
The Thermals- Here's Your Future
Califone- The Orchids
Grizzly Bear- The Knife
Junior Boys- In the Morning
Justin Timberlake- Future Sex/Love Sound
Calexico- All Systems Red
El Perro Del Mar- Party
TV on the Radio- I Was a Lover
Herbert- Something Isn't Right
Neko Case- Dirty Knife
Nathan Fake- Stops
Asobi Seksu- Thursday
Mountain Goats- Woke Up New
Band of Horses- Wicket Gil
Tapes 'N Tapes- 10 Gallon Ascots
Emily Haines- Our Hell
Sunset Rubdown- The Men Are Called Horsemen There

Pitchfork's top 50 list was mostly expected, though my nearly correct predictions of a 1-2 Joanna Newsom/TV on the Radio were supplanted by the unexpected Knife album at the top. I downloaded Silent Shout a few months ago; it's interesting for sure (and very dark), but it hasn't entirely captured me yet. Maybe I should give it a few more spins.

No comments: