Thursday, October 12, 2006

My goodness, the new Hold Steady album I bought on Insound came with a whole comic book illustrating the song lyrics. I'm a big Hold Steady fan, so hopefully this album will stand up to the last one. I won't let Pitchfork's excessive Hold Steady coverage lately (I mean really, both a live review, tour news and concert photos in one week?) taint my listening experience.

*UPDATE: After listening to the album for 10 seconds, my comments are that 1) Craig Finn actually sings, and 2) it sounds a lot like Bruce Springsteen.

2 comments:

Rob said...

But see we need to know your feelings toward The Boss for this to make sense.

I totally like this new Hold Steady record. And I think it is better than the last one, which I also liked.

Nicole said...

I do like Bruce, though the Bruce comparison was purely an observation and not a qualitative statement of any kind- yet. I still need a few more listens to cement my thoughts, but so far, so good.