Friday, September 08, 2006

The new Grizzly Bear album does, indeed, rule. Stream it in it's entirety here. Pay special attention to "The Knife"- it's a fantastic song.

It seems like all the best music comes out in the fall. I was just lamenting over how few albums I've really latched on to this year, and then suddenly great stuff comes pouring out in September- Junior Boys, TV on the Radio, Rapture, Grizzly Bear, M. Ward. My favorite albums of last year both came out late in the year, Wolf Parade and Animal Collective. There's plenty of time for this year to redeem itself!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Right now I think Girl Talk has a good lead for best album of the year. And I got that in May. A couple of years ago my favorite album came out in January (The Elected's Me First [yeah, I know nobody else thought much of it]) and it made that year just a little more dissapointing.